The original March 1945 wartime growing leaflet consisted of 8 pages which I have followed by reproducing the content onto separate pages.
Where an article runs onto two pages these have sometimes been combined into one page for readability or the trailing content moved onto the relevant page.
Where I feel it helpful, I’ve annotated the information. To make annotations obvious, they are coloured green.
The March 1945 Growing Guide covered these main points:
- Easing the pressure by allowing some flower growing
- Preparations for the coming season and sowing
- How to create a seedbed and use it for crops you can transplant
- Direct sowing of crops as listed
- Detailed instructions for lettuce, radish, parsley and onions
- Planting potatoes
- A guide to making compost
- Looking after fruit trees