The original January 1945 wartime growing leaflet consisted of 8 pages which I have followed by reproducing the content onto separate pages.
Where an article runs onto two pages these have sometimes been combined into one page for readability or the trailing content moved onto the relevant page
Where I feel it helpful, I’ve annotated the information. To make annotations obvious, they are coloured green.
The January 1945 Growing Guide covered these main points:
- Get ready for outdoor work
- What is good tilth? Organic manures
- Three essential plant foods, Manure in rotation, About ‘artificials’ (fertiliser)
- National Growmore fertiliser & The importance of lime
- Reminders; seed catalogue & seed potatoes
- Vegetable seeds
- Look after your tools, look at your stored crops, Look to your fruit trees and bushes
- Spraying, manuring fruit trees, some helpful leaflets