The original February 1945 wartime growing leaflet consisted of 8 pages which I have followed by reproducing the content onto separate pages.
Where an article runs onto two pages these have sometimes been combined into one page for readability or the trailing content moved onto the relevant page.
Where I feel it helpful, I’ve annotated the information. To make annotations obvious, they are coloured green.
The February 1945 Growing Guide covered these main points:
- Weather, When to Work and Planning the Plot
- Have you got those seeds? National Growmore Fertiliser and other reminders.
- An introduction to crop rotation
- Managing your crop rotation (2 pages combined)
- Sowing and planting; Broad Beans, Spinach, Shallots, Jerusalem Artichokes and Rhubarb (2 pages combined)
- Preparing for Runner Beans and Useful Publications